When you use an online payment gateway to process credit card payments, orders can sometimes decline due to a variety of different reasons. Fortunately, your 3dcart store records the various responses that come from your payment gateway and places them on the order for your review. This way, you can contact your payment gateway with the applicable error code and simply ask them what it means.
From your 3dcart Online Store Manager:
- Go to Orders to view your store’s orders
- Then, click on the “Not Completed” tab found along the top
- Go to the far right of the order and click on its “Action ->View” button
- Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the order and look for the “Order Comments” section.
This section will only display if there was an actual response from the gateway
- View the Response given which will appear directly below the “Internal Comments’ section.
- Contact your payment gateway with the response given to see why the decline may be happening.
Different gateways format their response messages in different ways. Some may be fairly straightforward and easy to understand, while others may be returned as a series of numbers and markings which only make sense to the gateway service itself. It is important to understand that the gateway error messages are usually coming directly from the payment gateway itself and not from your 3dcart store.
Therefore, before contacting 3dcart’s support team in regards to a declined order, please be sure to contact your payment gateway provider first and help determine what the error message means.