If you are using USA ePay with your 3dcart POS app, you can also use USA ePay’s iCMP Card reader to process credit card purchases. The reader is able to swipe cards as well as use the new card chip technology.
First Time Setup
The iCMP reader will wirelessly connect to your iPad via Bluetooth connection. However, before you attempt to connect it to your iPad, be sure to charge the card reader’s battery for 3 to 6 hours.
Pairing the Reader to your iPad
- Go to your iPad’s settings menu and tab Bluetooth.
- Once there, ensure that the Bluetooth connection on the iPad is turned on.
- Now, turn on the iCMP reader using the power button on its right side
Allow the reader to go through its initialization screens until it is ready to be paired to a Bluetooth device. When ready, the screen will appear like this:
- Now, press the F1 button on your reader:
The display will show you all of your nearby Bluetooth Enabled Devices.
- Use the F2 and F3 buttons to move the selector to your iPad’s listing
Once the iPad device listing is selected, press the green button to activate the pairing
The iCMP reader will provide you with a PIN for the pairing.
By this time, your iPad will have discovered the pairing request and provided you with the following screen.
- Enter the PIN from the reader into the iPad PIN field and tap Done to complete the pairing.
Your iCMP reader will display the USA ePay logo and will be ready for use on your 3dcart POS app.
Unpairing the iCMP Card Reader
Should the need arise to unpair the card reader from your iPad, please use the follwoing steps:
- Open the iPad’s settings menu and tap the Bluetooth Option
- Under the “My Devices” section, locate the iCMP device pairing and tap the “i” icon on it
- Then tap the “Forget This Device” option and confirm your selection.
The above steps will remove the pairing from the iPad. Next you will need to remove the pairing from the iCMP device. To do this:
- Tap the F button on your iCMP device multiple times until it returns to the Bluetooth Pairing screen seen below:
You may now repeat the steps at the beginning of this article to pair the reader to another iPad device as needed.