Your 3dcart store comes with a built-in integration to Monsoon Commerce’s Stone Edge Order Manager (SEOM) software which allows the Stone Edge program to connect to your 3dcart Store and process your orders.
Setting Up the Store Connection
To get started setting up the integration between your 3dcart Store and the Stone Edge Order Manager, you will specify a login that your store will use when connecting to StoneEdge.
Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and, using the left hand navigation menu:
- Go to Modules
- Look for the Monsoon StoneEdge module and click on its +Icon to expand the selection.
- Next, click on the “Settings” link
- Specify a Username & Password for your Stone Edge program to connect with and click on the “Save” button towards the right of the page.
The username and password are used only by the Stone Edge Software to connect to the store and are not tied to any specific account information. They can be anything you’d like to use, as long as they match what you will eventually enter into your Stone Edge interface later on.
After Saving the Page, copy (CTRL-C) or make note of the link provided at the bottom of the screen.
When entering the Link URL into your Stone Edge program, please note that the name of the file is stonedge.asp (with one “e”) instead of stoneedge.asp
Setting Up the Shopping Cart in the SEOM
Now that you have set up your 3dcart Store to allow connections from Stone Edge, the following will illustrate how to set up the Stone Edge program to connect to your store.
The following images are based on version 5.912 of the Stone Edge Order Manager and are provided for informational purposes. These images may be different than your current Stone Edge screens. For up-to-date help in setting up stores in the Stone Edge program, please contact Stone Edge support.
You can access the Shopping Carts dialog box in Stone Edge in one of the following four ways:
Main Menu ->Maintenance Menu ->Cart Functions Button ->Create/Edit Shopping Carts
Main Menu ->Maintenance Menu ->Setup Functions Button ->Store Setup Wizard ->Shopping Carts Link ->Create and Edit Shopping Carts
Main Menu ->Quick Clicks ->Create/Edit Shopping Cart
Main Menu ->Quick Clicks ->Setup Wizard ->Shopping Carts Link ->Create and Edit Shopping Carts
Once the Shopping Carts dialog box opens:
- Click Add Cart. The Shopping Carts dialog box opens.
- Click on the Cart Type drop down list and select 3dcart. If you are licensed to use one shopping cart only, you will not see a drop down list; 3dcart is your default cart type.
- Enter the Store Name. The store name can be anything you want it to be as long as it is easily distinguishable from any other stores you may have.
- In the CartID/User Name field, copy and paste the Username from the Stone Edge Settings page of your 3dcart Online Store Manager interface.
- In the Cart Password field, copy and paste the Password from the Stone Edge Settings page of your 3dcart Online Store Manager interface.
- Re-enter your Password in the Reenter Password field.
- In the Script URL field, copy and paste the Link (URL) from the Stone Edge Settings page of your 3dcart Online Store Manager interface. (The URL is the secure path to your store followed by /stonedge.asp).
- Click Save.
The cart is added to the Current Carts List: table at the bottom of the screen.
Click Close to exit the Shopping Carts dialog box.
You are now ready to Connect Stone Edge to your 3dcart Store.
The above information in this article is the entire scope of knowledge 3dcart support is able to provide for Monsoon Commerce Stone Edge. Anything further than connecting your 3dcart store to Stone Edge will need to be addressed and resolved through Stone Edge’s technical support channels.