In some cases, you may need to actively prevent search engines from indexing your 3dcart store. This is typically needed when you are developing a copy of your store on 3dcart and – since it likely contains the same product information as your live store – you need to prevent the development store from being indexed to avoid information from being interpreted as “duplicate content.”
The best way to do this is to edit your robots.txt files to prevent all indexing on the store. Here’s how:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Marketing ->SEO Tools
- Under “SEO Settings” locate the “Robots.txt” section and click on the “Edit Robots.txt File” link
- Remove all of the information in the Robots.txt section and replace it with the following
- Then click “Save” at the top right to commit your changes.
The Shared SSL .3dcartstores.com Robots.txt section at the bottom should already be set this way. However if it is not, you’ll want to update it as well.