The power of video in e-commerce is noticeably bringing products to life, improving visitors experience and increasing conversions. The YouTube Video feature allows easily adding a product related video, whether it’s a product review, demonstration, or viral commercial; and displaying it within your product pages.
To Add a YouTube Video to your product:
- Go to Product =>Product List
- Find the product you’d like to edit and click on either its ID or Name to open it.
You can also look to the far right of the product and click on the “Action ->Edit” button
- When viewing the product’s details, click on its Image Tab located along the top.
You will now be in the Product’s Images tab where you can add your product’s main and supplement images. Look beneath your product’s Main image and Thumbnail sections, and you should see a “Video” section.
This section consists of a text field where you will add the URL to your desired YouTube video. Simply copy the URL of the video that you’d like to display on the page and paste it into the field with the following steps.
- Enter the embed URL for the video that you’d like to play on the product page into the field
- Click the Save button found along the top of the page.
Once the product is saved, your visitors will be able to view the video directly from the product listing page!
While the video function was intended to work with YouTube specifically, you can also embed video from other sources if you’d like (wistia, vimeo, etc). As long as you have the video’s path/URL, you can place it in the URL field as needed.