Aviary (by Adobe) is a web based photo editing product which allows you to upload your images to their interface, edit the images as needed and then download them for use on your store. Best of all, the service is free of charge!
With 3dcart, you can add a simple integration to Aviary which will allow you to edit images directly through your 3dcart Online Store Manager. This article will describe the steps needed to do this.
Register With Adobe Creative SDK
The first step in using the Aviary image editor is to register an account with Adobe’s Software Development Kit (SDK) service. This free service will be used to create your own “App” with that can be applied to your store.
- Next, click on the “Sign In” link at the top right
- Then, click on the “Get an Adobe ID” link shown below
Once you are registered and logged in, you may proceed with the following steps.
The registration for Adobe Creative SDK is free. Once you are registered, the sign up page will automatically log you into your newly created account.
Now that you’ve created your Adobe Creative SDK account, you will be create an “App” that will furnish you with an API key that will be used on your store.
To create your app, follow these steps:
- While Logged into your Adobe Creative SDK account, click on the “My Apps” link displayed below
You will see a section with your created apps. If this is your first ever app, then the page will be blank. To continue:
- Click on the “New Application” button shown here
- And fill out the fields given.
It really doesn’t matter what you call your app or what’s in the description. The examples in the image are merely for reference.
The only thing that is important is to select “Web” as the platform.
- Once you’re done, click on “Add Application” to complete the process.
You will be given two keys:
- Client Secret Key
- Client ID
For the integration to your 3dcart store, you will use the “Client ID”
While the Client Secret ID is not used, you may want to copy it and store is somewhere safe for reference, since it is not displayed after this initial creation step.
Once you’ve received your API key, you will need to enter the API key into your store’s Modules section. To do this, follow these steps.
Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and, using the left hand navigation menu:
- Go to Modules
- Look for the Aviary icon and click it to expand the section
- Enter your newly acquired API key
- Save your changes with the “Save” button located along the top right.
Editing Images with Aviary
Now that you’ve integrated your store with Aviary, you can edit your images directly from your 3dcartadministration interface.
- Go to Products =>Product List
- Find the product you’d like to edit and click on its ID or Name to open it up
You can also look to the far right of the product and click on the “Action ->Edit” button.
- Once the product is opened, go to its Images Tab
When you hover over any of your product images, you will now see an “Edit” button on each of your image listings. Clicking on these buttons will take you (and your image) directly to your Aviary account.
Once you are finished with your image editing, click on the “Save” button at the top right of the Aviary window and your image will be updated automatically!