This article will show you how to integrate PayPal Pro and PayPal Express into your 3dcart account. The process is very similar for integrating the two methods.
PayPal Express can be integrated into the account without PayPal Pro. However, PayPal Pro cannot be integrated without PayPal Express. When you integrate PayPal Pro on its own, PayPal Express will automatically display on your website.
- PayPal Pro
This account will not redirect the customer to PayPal to accept payment. The transaction is completed on your website and the payment method displays as credit card fields.
- PayPal Express
This payment method displays as a PayPal logo and redirects the customer to the PayPal website to complete the transaction. Due to PayPal standards, this logo displays on checkout step 1 or prior. This way, the customer does not have to type in their personal information twice (once on your site and once on PayPal’s site).
Grant API Access
You will first need to Grant API Access to your Paypal Pro/Express account settings. To do this:
- Log into your PayPal Account
- Click on the user icon (located to the left of the log out button)
- Then click on the “Profile and settings” option shown below
- On the next page, click on the “My Selling Tools” link on the left.
- Then, look for and click on the “Update” link located to the right of “API Access” as shown below.
On the following page, You will be given two API options. In this case, you will select Option 1.
- Click on the “Grant API permision” link in Option 1 as shown.
- In the provided box, enter “paypal_api1.3dcart.com
- then click “lookup”
PayPal’s interface will refresh and show you a list of all possible permissions available to the API.
- Check all boxes shown below.
There is one permission that it not available and will need to be left unchecked. It is labeled “Generate consolidated reports for all accounts”
- After selecting all the shown checkboxes, click add to grant API access.
API access is now granted for your PayPal account.
Next we will set up your Payment Module in the 3dcart store.
Insert Your Payment Method
- Once you have granted API access in the PayPal console, login to your 3dCart Admin panel.
- In your 3dcart Online Store Manager, go to Settings ->Payment
- Once in the Payment screen, look for the “Payment Methods” section and click on the “Select Payment” button
This will take you to the area of the Online Store Manager where you can add or review your store’s payment modules.
- Look towards the top right of the page and click on the “+Add New” button.
- Select the Country and State you would like this payment method to apply to
- In the Payment Method field, scroll down to the “Alternative Payments” section and choose PayPal Pro.
Remember, if you have a PayPal Pro account, it will automatically integrate PayPal Express when you choose the PayPal Pro method. Also, if you’re looking to only add PayPal Express, your store will automatically have one already created for you. Just look for the “Paypal Express Checkout” module on the page and skip to step 10 below.
- Choose the Minimum and Maximum order amounts this payment method will apply for.
- Choose the Customer Group you would like the payment method to apply for.
- Click on the “+Add” button to create the module.
The payment method will now be added. Your next step is to configure its account settings.
- Look for the payment method in your list, then look to the far right of it to click on its “Settings” button
- Type in the email address associated with your Paypal account in the “PayPal Email” field.
At this time in the process, you can also mark the following checkboxes:
- Authorize Only
This checkbox will allow the payment to go through as an authorization for the amount of the order, but will not collect payment until you are ready. Click here for more information
- Enable Billing Agreement
Select this option if you have reference transactions enabled on your PayPal account which can be used with 3dcart’s AutoShip add-on.
- Add a PayPal Credit Payment Button
Select this option to offer PayPal Credit to your shoppers as they purchase from your store. Click here for details.
- Once you are done with your settings, click “Save” at the top right to commit your changes.
Paypal Pro users can click the Test link on the module to make sure the gateway has been integrated properly. Take note however that it will charge your card if the integration has been successful