Amazon’s new payment method can be easily added to your 3dcart store by taking the following steps:
The Pay with Amazon payment method is not compatible with HTML4 templates, therefore you will need to make sure your site is using an HTML5 theme in order to use it.
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings ->Payment
- Click the “Select Payment” button under the Payment Methods section.
- At the top right of the page, click on the “+Add New” button.
- In the Add New Payment Type section, select the country and state you would like this payment method made available to.
- In the “Payment Method” drop down menu, select “Pay with Amazon” as your payment gateway
(they are listed alphabetically in either )
- Enter the minimum and maximum value orders can be to use this payment method.
- Select the customer group you would like this payment method applicable to.
- Then click on the “+Add” button to continue
These steps will have created the payment method, but you will have additional settings that can be further configured.
- Locate your newly created Pay with Amazon method on the list of Payment methods.
(It will be listed under “Additional Gateways” in the middle of the page.)
- Click on the “Settings” link to the far right of it
From this point, you will have added the payment method to your store, but you still need to connect your store to the Pay with Amazon service. This process is known as “onboarding” and it basically ties your store to your Amazon profile with the Paywith Amazon functionality.
- Click on the gray “Pay with Amazon” button to launch the onboarding process on Amazon Seller Central
- Click on the “Get Started” button to continue with the process
- Complete the onboarding process to connect your store with Amazon Payments.
During the onboarding process you will log into your Amazon Seller Central account and follow the steps outlined for you. Depending on whether or not you are already registered to use Pay with Amazon, the onboarding will involve the following:
- If you do not yet have the Pay with Amazon service, the onboarding steps will include registering with the service and setting up your account as well as connecting your store’s various functional URLs to the Pay with Amazon service.
- If you are already registered with the service, the process will involve connecting your store’s various function URLs to use Pay with Amazon.
You can also enter your credentials manually by clicking on the “Check Credentials / Enter Manually” link directly beneath the “Pay with Amazon” caption. For manual entry, you will need the following information which is provided by Amazon:
- SellerID / MerchantID
- MWS Token
- Client ID
Keep in mind however that if you manually enter your credentials in this fashion, you will then need to log into your Amazon Seller central interface to “whitelabel” your store’s URLs to the service.
After completing the onboarding process, you should be directed back to your 3dcart store where the “Pay with Amazon” button will now be colored Orange instead of gray. There is just one final step in the integration.
- Mark the checkbox at the bottom of the module to confirm that you have completed the Amazon Tax Interview
If you have not completed the interview, click on the link provided to do so.
Congratulations! Your store is now connected to the Pay with Amazon service.