International Checkout is an integrated solution aimed at providing retailers access to the billions of dollars spent online by international consumers with none of the associated risks or difficulties.
Recently, we’ve made the International Checkout integration process much easier for our 3dcart merchants.
Before setting up your 3dcart/International Checkout integration, please be sure to contact International Checkout first in order to create your account with them. You may do this by contactingInternational Checkout directly or otherwise from our 3dcart App Store.
What is needed:
An International Checkout (IC) account and your IC account’s “p-value”
Enable the Plugin
Once you have had your International Checkout account created and have received your p-value, log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and use the following steps.
Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and, using the left hand navigation menu:
- Go to Modules
- Search for the “International Checkout” module and click on its +Icon to expand the selection.
- Click on “Settings” link within the module
- Enable the plugin and enter the necessary information.
Your setting options are:
Mark this checkbox to enable the plugin
use this field to enter your International Checkout P-Value you receive from International Checkout
- Max. Domestic Shipping
Use this field to determine the maximum domestic shipping charge that will be forwarded to the orders when they reach International Checkout. Default is 999*
Depending on your agreement with them, International Checkout will allow you to pass domestic shipping charges from your store’s location to their warehouse. This means that when the order is placed, the shopper will pay International Checkout for the item, shipping of the item to them, as well as shipping of the item from your location to International Checkout’s warehouse. The store will use its base calculation to send the item to Van Nuys California for this domestic shipping charge.
After you’ve set up your configuration, click “Save” at the top right to commit the settings.
Testing the Integration
To see InternationalCheckout in action, go to your store, place any item in cart and view the cart. When you get to the “View Cart” page just before “proceed to check out,” you will see a new button underneath labeled: “International Checkout.”
By clicking on this button:
- Your customer and their order (items, pricing, etc) will be sent to IC where they complete the order process.
- IC collects the funds from the customer, including the shipping charges IC specifies.
- An agent from IC will later place and pay for the the order on your customer’s behalf.
- When you get the order, you ship to International Checkout’s headquarters here in the U.S.,
(thereby saving on International Shipping costs).
- IC receives the order, and sends the product to the customer