This article will guide you in the set up of 3dcart’s Facebook application. Our Facebook Application allows you to integrate your 3dcart online store with your Facebook Business page. You can display your products on Facebook and customers can be directed to your 3dcart store for immediate purchases.
The 3dcart/Facebook Store Application is intended for use on Facebook when viewed as a web page. It is not intended to work on mobile Facebook Applications which use their own proprietary way of displaying Facebook content.
This article will illustrate how to set the application up for your 3dcart store.
Being as Facebook is its own entity and has ultimate control of how their proprietary service is presented, used, and controlled; some of the information contained in this document may change from time to time. We at 3dcart will do our best to keep this document as up-to-date and current as possible, but please be aware that some of the screenshots and steps outlined below may be slightly different from what you see upon activating your application.
Please consider this information “up to date” as of August 22nd, 2014
Back to top
To properly use the Facebook 3dcart Online Store application, you will need the following:
- A personal Facebook profile
This is the default type of Facebook account profile which allows you to connect and network with your Facebook friends. The personal profile is typically only viewable to you and your Facebook friends, but it is required for the initial installation of the Facebook/3dcart Online Store Application.
To create a Facebook Profile, simply go to http://www.facebook.com and sign up. (It’s free!)
- A Facebook Business Page
This is a publicly available webpage which can be created on Facebook to advertise a local business or company. Rather than connecting with “friends” a business page will amass “fans.” For this reason, the business page is also sometimes referred to as a “Fan Page.”
To create a Facebook Business Page, first go to http://www.facebook.com and log out of your already created profile. Then, while at the Facebook homepage, use the “Create a Page for a celebrity, band or business.” link located below the main sign up form.
Your personal profile must be listed as an administrator for the business page in which you wish to use the 3dcart Online Store Application. When creating the business page, be sure to use your Facebook login email address during the creation steps to ensure your profile is tied correctly to the business page.
Back to top
Adding the “Online Store” to a Facebook Business Page (a.k.a Fan Page)
- While logged into your personal Facebook Profile, go to 3dcart’s Application Page.
- You will be asked to select the business page that the app will be installed to.
After adding the online store app to your fan page, you will be taken to your profile page. The next steps will detail how to access the Online store App from your Business Page and set it up.
Back to top
Upon installing the App, you will need to navigate to the app itself in order to configure its settings. The following steps will outline this.
- While logged into your Facebook profile, look towards the lower left hand side where your business page is listed..
- Click the link to go to your Business Page
- When you arrive to your business page, click the “Settings” button located towards the top right of the screen.
You will be taken to a page with a listing of your available settings, and a series of menus located on the left.
- Click on the “Apps” link on the left
- You will see a listing of the Apps installed to your Business Page. Within that list you should see the 3dcart Online Store App.
Some users have reported not being able to see the “Apps” link described above. Instead, they see a link labeled “Partner Apps and Services” which does not have the 3dcart Online Store App listed in it. It does not appear to be happening to all users, so it may be due to updates being made on the Facebook side of things.
In any event, if this is the case for you and you are not able to see the “Apps” link described above, please use the following work around:
- Click on the “Partner Apps and Services” link
- Look at your browser’s Address Bar and go to the end of the URL where you will see “?tab=manage_business_services“
- Change this portion of the URL to “?tab=apps” and hit enter.
The page will load the previously mentioned Apps link and you may continue with the rest of these steps.
- Click on the “Go to App” link listed for the 3dcart Online Store application as shown below.
After going to the application, you will be taken to your application setup page. The following steps are needed for these fields.
The above steps can also be used to access the App for subsequent edits. [/tcbd-alert
]Enter the full URL of your store in the Store URL field. (Example: http://www.mydomainname.com)
- (Optional:) Enter the path to images for your Header and Footer. This will display above and below your products, respectively.
Here’s an example of a header image:
- Choose the Style and number of Columns you would like your products to display in on the Facebook page. (Click here to see examples of the display options)
- If you would like to assign an affiliate to this page to give credit for sales associated from the Facebook page, enter the affiliate number into the Affiliate ID field. The Affiliate ID can be accessed from the 3dcart store manager.
- Choose which products you would like to display on your Facebook page. You can choose items on your Home Page (marked as Home Specials in your store), Items on Sale, Items from a specific category, or specific Products. You can determine the category ID by going to the category page online and viewing the ID located in the URL at the top of your browser. Products on the other hand will be specified by their individual catalog ID numbers.
- [tcbd-alert type="warning"]Note
You can only list one category at a time. However, if you select Products as your display option, you can specify multiple product Catalog IDs by separating them with a comma.
Click Save Changes
Your online store application settings are now configured.
If using the “Home Page” display option please be aware that this applies to products which are specifically configured as Home Specials in your 3dcart Online Store Manager. Random Home Specials will not show up on the Facebook App.
Testing your 3dcart/Facebook Online Store Application
Back to top
To view your 3dcart/Facebook store, go to your business page’s timeline and click on the “Online Store” tab just below and to the right of your Timeline’s main image/banner.
To change the Online Store button’s logo, follow steps 1 through 5 in the above section of this article, and click on the App’s “Edit Settings” link. Once there, you will see options to update the image used on the Timeline Tab.
Contacting 3dcart Support
Back to top
If you need further assistance from 3dcart support, please submit a support ticket with an attached screenshot of your 3dcart/Facebook application settings so we may attempt to reproduce your settings completely.
- How do I sell on Facebook?
- Can I Display my products on Facebook?
- How can I direct my Facebook traffic to my 3dcart store?