Bongo Checkout is an integrated solution aimed at providing retailers access to the billions of dollars spent online by international consumers with none of the associated risks or difficulties.
We’ve partnered with Bongo Checkout which allows 3dcart merchants to take advantage of their exciting product.
Before setting up your 3dcart/Bongo Checkout integration, please be sure to contact Bongo International first in order to create your account with them. You may do this by contacting Bongo International directly or otherwise from our 3dcart App Store.
What is needed:
- A Bongo Checkout account,
- Your Bongo Merchant ID
- Your Bongo URL ID.
How it Works
Your International Customer is taken from your 3dcart store’s View Cart page to your Bongo secure checkout page to place their order.
- A domestic shipping charge from your store location to Bongo’s warehouse will be calculated with the current shipping methods used on your store.
- The order will be completed and paid on Bongo Checkout. Once this happens, Bongo will create an unpaid order on your 3dcart store
- A daily batch of received orders is processed by Bongo and confirmed orders are moved from the Unpaid status to New in your store. (Canceled orders will be moved from Unpaid to Canceled)
Please be aware of the following considerations for your business which may affect your store user’s experience and order processing:
- Bongo’s Warehouse address will be listed as St. Petersberg, FL 33716 US
[shipping_country=”US”, shipping_state=”FL”, shipping_city=”St Petersburg”, shipping_zip=”33716″]
- Coupon codes, Gift Certificates, Customer Pricing Groups and Multiple Ship-to functionality from your 3dcart store are not supported for Bongo Checkout
- Bongo charges multiple delivery charges to the international shopper. However, only the total cost of the domestic shipping [ordershippingcostdomestic] will be reflected on your order in the 3dcart store. The additional charges like the order shipping cost [ordershippingcost], shipping insurance [orderinsurancecost], tax [ordertaxcost] and duties [orderdutycost] charged by Bongo will not be included on your store’s order shipping information and may appear to be a discrepancy with the order total.
- The order notification will reflect the shipping address provided by Bongo to 3dcart, this is usually Bongo’s warehouse address (see above). The address will be visible to the customer as the shipping information when notified of the order’s status.
- Bongo orders will be flagged by Bongo with “No payment method” on the order, and the shipping method as “Bongo International – Export Hub”
- Bongo will receive the Product Name as the name reflected in the order, this includes any options, prices, etc. The Product ID is the ID/SKU from the product’s table. IDs from product options or Advanced Options are not considered. In addition to these, the quantity, price and image thumbnail [PRODUCT_CUSTOM_1 field in Bongo] are included.
Enable the Plugin
Once you have had your Bongo Checkout account created and have received your account information, log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and use the following steps.
Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and, using the left hand navigation menu:
- Go to Modules
- Search for the “Bongo Checkout” module and click on its +Icon to expand the selection
- Click on “Settings” link within the module
- Enable the plugin and enter the necessary information.
Your options are:
Mark this checkbox to enable the plugin
- Merchant ID
Use this field to enter your Bongo Checkout Merchant ID. It is typically a 32 character ID you receive from Bongo.
- URL ID
use this field to enter your 5-digit URL ID you receive from Bongo Checkout
- Max. Domestic Shipping
Use this field to determine the maximum domestic shipping charge that will be forwarded to the orders when they reach Bongo Checkout.
When you receive your URL ID from Bongo International, it may be represented as a full URL such as the following:
For the purposes of the integration, you will only need the 5 digit URL ID itself. The 3dcart scripting will add the rest of the URL path.
After you’ve set up your configuration, click “Save” at the top right to commit the settings.
Testing the Integration
To see Bongo Checkout in action, go to your store, place any item in cart and view the cart. When you get to the “View Cart” page just before “proceed to check out,” you will see a new button underneath labeled: “Bongo Checkout.”