There may be times when you need to process an order for your customer manually rather than having them navigate through your store to place the order. The reason could be that the customer has visited your brick and mortar store or perhaps they are having trouble accessing your site due to random Internet connectivity issues. Whatever the reason, you can process the order for your customer manually directly from the Online Store Manager itself. We call this feature a “Phone Order.”
To place a Phone Order:
Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and, using the left-hand navigation menu:
- Go to Orders ->Phone Order
- Select your customer by either searching for an existing customer record, or creating a new one
Click on the Customer’s Name to proceed
- After the customer is selected, click continue (on the bottom right) to proceed to the item screens
- Select the order items. You can also add new products and search for individual items as needed
- Once the item is added, you can add more items (by clicking on the “Items” tab or otherwise review the order as necessary. You can also place a manual discount on the order or use an existing Gift Certificate or Promotion code on the order.*
Please be aware of the following when using the manual discount feature. When adding a manual discount to the order, it will be added to the overall order as an individual line item. In other words, if you create a 10% discount on the order, the invoice will log the product(s) ordered as well as the individual discount as its own separate item (with a negative price since it is a discount). Unfortunately, some carriers may factor this individual line item in the shipping calculation and cause an unnecessary increase in the total shipping amount.
To avoid this possibility it is usually best to create discounts on phone orders using the coupon code field instead.
- Select the shipping options available and click “Continue” to proceed
- Enter the billing method and then click Checkout to place order.
- The invoice’s Referrer detail will show the order as a Phone Order.
Once the order is placed, an invoice is created as usual. In essence, a phone order is no different than an order placed on your site’s store front. However, without having to do the normal navigation, it may be more efficient for you as a merchant.