When an order has not been completed or otherwise failed during the checkout process, it will go into the store’s Not Completed status.
Typically, a not completed order is generated through simple “window shopping” on your store – where a visitor may add something to their cart and simply leave before clicking on the check out button.
In some cases however, the order will not reach completion if the credit card was declined. In these cases – where the order has actually progressed to checkout, but failed – it is possible to move the order to a different status. (Presumably after contacting the customer directly to fully process the order.)
To move the order to new status:
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Orders ->Manage Orders
- On the next page, look to the top area and click on the “Not Completed” tab
- Locate the order that you’d like to move and click on its respective date/time stamp to open it.
While viewing the order, have a look at the top left of the page to see if it contains an Invoice #. The presence of an invoice number indicates that the order was interrupted due to a problem on payment. This means that it can be updated to move to the New status.
ImportantWhile viewing the not completed order under the “Status” label and click on its drop down menu
If the order does not contain an Invoice number, then it cannot be moved to the new status. However, under Order Actions, you can click on the “Open Order” link to see the order from the store front and attempt to complete it from there instead.
- Set the order’s status to “unpaid”
- Click “Save” at the top right to save the order.
At this point the order is marked as Unpaid because you are likely in contact with the customer to collect payment from them. Once payment is actually collected, proceed with the next steps:
- Again, look to the order’s Status section and this time select “New” from the drop down menu.
- Save your order and it can now be processed as usual