The particular product you are selling may be digital in nature rather than a physical product. For this type of item, you would use the 3dcart eProduct functionality. This is a function in which you create an item in your store that is downloaded rather than shipped to the customer after purchase. For example, your general products may be exercise products such as workout clothing or equipment but you also offer diet cookbooks as downloaded e-books. For this type of situation, you would use an eProduct.
Turn On the eProduct Module
To begin using eProducts, you will need to enable the eProduct Module in your 3dcart store. You may do this by taking the following steps.
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and use the left hand navigation to go to Modules
- Use the search bar at the top to search for and open the eProducts module.
- Place a mark in the “Enable eProducts” checkbox
- Click “Save” at the top right to complete the process.
While enabling the eProducts module, you will see a field labeled “eProduct download expiration (days).” This field can be used to set the number of days that an eProduct link will be active for. The limit is based on the number of days after the date of purchase.
Set your eProduct Paths
Once you have an eProduct specified and uploaded to your store, you will use the eProduct Tab in the product’s listing to specify the path to your item.
- Go to Products ->Product List
- Select the product you’ve designated as an eProduct and click on its ID, Name or otherwise its “Action ->Edit” button
- Proceed to the product’s “eProduct” tab.
From here, you will specify the path to the product. You will have up to 10 file paths for the eProduct if it is made up of multiple files. For the purposes of this article we will be using a singular file eProduct
- Click Browse to view your site’s “assets/images” folder where the eProduct was uploaded
- Select the eProduct and click the “Save” button.
Although designed to work with files uploaded to your local store server, you can also specify external URLs if your product files are located elsewhere.
Now you will be given the option of adding special instructions to the eProduct. These can be special information to the customer letting them know how to download the product after purchase or any special instructions they may need to open/view the file.
You can also use this screen to manage and assign serial keys to your eProduct as needed.