Your 3dcart Themes and templates can be fully customized by 3dcart Merchants in order to achieve a certain look and feel..
Because of this, it’s usually a good idea to keep a local and backed up copy of your theme folder on your local computer. This way, you can recover any subsequent edits that may have adverse effects on your site and you’d like to revert it back to a previous working version.
To make a backup of your design template, you will need the following:
- Your account’s FTP credentials
- An FTP client
- Your Theme’s folder name.
Theme Folder Name
First let’s find your Theme folder’s name. Each of the 3dcart design theme folders has a unique name. The free design templates are usually numbered and any premium templates you may have purchased will have a unique name. So the first step in our process is to find the name of your Theme folder.
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Go to Settings ->Design ->Themes & Styles
- Along with your Theme screenshot you will see “Selected Theme:” and your theme folder’s name.
- Make a note of this name and proceed to the next steps.
FTP to your Site
- Using your favorite FTP client, log into your account’s FTP service
- Navigate to the web/assets/templates folde via FTP.
- Select your Theme Folder and transfer it to your local computer.
That’s it! Copying the entire theme folder will make a backup of the theme’s CSS file, images and any HTML templates unique to your store’s theme/design. Store this folder in a safe place and you’re all set with your backup
Should the need ever arise to recover your theme folder from back up, simply take the backed up folder and re-upload it (via FTP) back to your web/assets/templates folder to overwrite any subsequent changes made to your design after the back up was made.