3dcart offers integration with your PowerReviews account. PowerReviews is a third-party solution that helps you automate product reviews that are submitted by your customers. Its features include overall rating averages, profanity filtering, and review reporting for your business.
To learn more about PowerReviews please go to our information page here. PowerReviews also offers a free 30-day trial on their Express package for you to try.
When you first sign into your PowerReview dashboard, you will be presented with an integration wizard. This wizard will take you through the main steps of configuring your account. Below is a quick reference on each of these steps.
Step 1: Select eCommerce Platform
- Log into http://dashboard.powerreviews.com /
- Click “Start” next to Step 1
- Select your eCommerce Merchant Account as “Other”
- Click Finish
Step 2: Upload Product Product Feed
- Click Start next to step 2
- Select “Get File from URL”
- Enter the “Product Feed URL” from your 3dcart’s Store Modules Section
- Leave Username and Password blank
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Next”
- Your feed URL will be validated – Review any errors* (if any)
- Scroll to the bottom and click Finish.
Any errors on your product feed will be noted by power reviews. Not all errors will necessarily be rejected. For example, incorrect MFG-IDs or missing images will flag an error, but will not reject the product. However, missing product descriptions will be rejected.
Also note that the term “Description” used by PowerReviews is actually referencing your 3dcart Store’s Product “Short Descriptions” rather than the Extended Description. So please be sure that your products have Short Descriptions configured.
Step 3: Select Product Review Forms
- Click Start next to Step 3
- Click Edit next to the suggested Category
- Search for a category that best matches your products and click finish
- Based on your product listings, you can then further refine your review forms individually by category
- Click Finish
Step 4: Get Code
For the next step of the Integration Wizard, you will be presented with code snippets that would need to be applied to your site. Normally, this is a manual process you or your webmaster would configure. However, for the 3dcart integration, we take care of this for you through scripting. Therefore, a few of the pages on this setup will be skipped as indicated in the following steps.
- Click Start next to Step 4
- Skip the first page of Get Code (Get & Integrate Product Page Code) and click “Next”
- Skip the second page of Get Code (Get & Integrate Category Page Code) and click “Next”
- In the area labeled “Write Review URL” list the Write URL URL that is located in your 3dcart Store Modules section. It is normally going to be http://[yourdomain]/review.asp?action=powerreviews
Below this field, you will see a window with the PowerReviews Code needed on your store. Your PowerReviews Merchant ID and Group Numbers are located within this coding.Look for a URL in the coding that contains “http://cdn.powerreviews.com/aux/[number1]/[number2]/css/express.css “
–Within this URL, the first number listed after “/aux/” is your PowerReviews Merchant ID.
–The second number listed after “/aux/” is your Power Reviews Merchant Group.
Save this information for your 3dcart Module settings.
- Below the “Write a Review” section, you will see Resize URL. In the field provided type in http://[yourdomain]/resize.html
- Click Finish.
Step 5: Customize Review Display
- Click Start next to Step 5
- Select the review display options you’d like to use.
- Complete the settings and Click Finish.
After the Wizard is completed
Power Reviews offers the Integration Wizard when you first log into your account. After the wizard is completed however, you may not be able to reinitialize it. However, all of the settings described above can still be accessed and re-configured as needed by going to the Configuration Menu of your PowerReviews Dashboard.
The image below is a reference of the settings in your Configuration Menu and how they relate to the steps contained in the Integration Wizard.
To view the various URLs needed for PowerReviews integration, simply go to your site’s Store Module Section to view your PowerReview settings.
Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and, using the left hand navigation menu:
- Go to Modules
- Locate the PowerReviews Module and click on its + icon to expand the selection
- Mark the checkbox labeled “Enable PowerReviews Add-on and save with the “Save” button located at the top right.
Once again, located the Locate the PowerReviews Module and click on its + icon to expand the selection
- This time, click on the link labeled “Change Settings”
- For “Merchant ID,” enter the first number listed in your PowerReview code snippet.
The number is higlighted below in red
- For “Merchant Group,” enter the second number listed in the code snippet URL.
Highlighted below in blue
- Click Save at the top right of the page.
Your 3dcart Store should now be integrated with your PowerReviews account.