Your 3dcart store can be integrated with the main shipping carriers in order to provide your customers with real-time shipping calculations for their orders. Integrating your store with some shipping carriers also allows you – the Merchant – to print Shipping Labels (domestic U.S. only) for your customer orders, directly from the 3dcart Online Store Manager.
This guide will show you how to set up your account registrations with FedEx and then integrate your credentials to your 3dcart store.
This process will involve first registering for a FedEx account in order to receive an account number from their service. Once this information is available, you will use it to complete your registration directly from your 3dcart Online Store Manager interface.
Register with FedEx
To register your FedEx account, please follow these steps:
- Go to the FedEx home page.
- If this is your first time at FedEx, you may need to select your geographic location. Otherwise proceed to the next steps.
- Click on the “Register Now” link located just below the Login Table on the left.
- On the next page, click the link labeled “Open a FedEx Account”
- Complete your Registration Process as prompted on the FedEx pages
Once you have registered your new FedEx account you will have a FedEx Account number.
This information will be entered into your 3dcart Online Store Manager to complete the registration process.
Adding your FedEx credentials to your 3dcart Store
Once you have registered your FedEx account and have received an Account Number, proceed with the following steps to complete your FedEx registration process.
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Go to Settings ->Shipping and click on the “Enter Settings” button beneath Shipping Settings
- Next to the FedEx section, click on “Enter Credentials”
- Do not enter any account information yet. Instead, click on the “Register with FEDEX” button.
- Fill out the registration form
- Click Save
When filling out the Registration Form on your 3dcart Online Store Manager, be sure to enter the information exactly as it appears in your FedEx account.
Once saved, the registration form will generate your CSP Key, CSP Password, and Meter Number Information needed to complete your registration. You can now add FedEx Shipping method to your store.
Please review our additional article on setting up the Shipping Methods
Regarding the “HubID” field:
The information described in the steps above will create CSP User and Meter Information for your FedEx account. This information will be needed to integrate your store with FedEx and give you the ability to return real-time shipping calculation rates as well as the ability to print shipping labels directly from your 3dcart Online Store Manager.
Hub ID, (and “Special Address Services”) on the other hand, are both exclusive to users of FedEx SmartPost. Therefore, these may be left blank if you are not given this information during registration.
If you would like to learn more about FedEx Smart Post and see if perhaps it can apply to your store; please click here.