As a 3dcart account holder, you have the ability to provide real-time shipping calculations through your online store. The shipping carriers supported by your 3dcart store include the following:
- United States Postal Service (USPS)
- United Parcel Service (UPS)
- Federal Express (FedEx)
To set up your shipping carrier service for real-time shipping calculation, please use the following:
- Log into your Online Store Manager
- Go to Settings ->Shipping and click on the “Enter Settings” button located under Carrier Settings
- Over on the right hand side of the page, select your desired shipping carrier and click on its “Enter Credentials” link
- Enter your credentials and click “Save Settings”
The steps outlined above assume you already have account credentials with the respective carriers. However, if you don’t have an existing account with any of the carriers, we also provide a “Register With” button within each carrier for your convenience.
Real Time Calculation
When you integrate your 3dcart store with a specific shipping carrier like USPS, your store will be able to connect to the carrier and calculate a relatively accurate shipping cost for your shoppers and their orders.
To explain how it works; when an order is placed, the store takes into account where the order will be shipped from (you or your drop shipper’s location), where the order is going to (your shopper’s address) and how much the order will weigh (all item weights summed). 3dcart’s software then sends this information to the respective shipping carriers and requests a quote of the shipping rates for the order. Once the rates are received, they are added to the order’s selection areas and your shopper can select which method they’d like to have their shipment sent through. We refer to this as a real time shipping calculation.