Beginning with Version 6 of the 3dcart Software, Merchants can now set up Online BitCoin Payments with BitPay. This article will show you how to integrate your store with BitPay.
Adding the Payment Method
When adding the BitPay Payment method, you will be required to enter an API key specific to your BitPay account. The following is where you can create this information:
- Sign into your BitPay Account
- Click on your the “My Account” icon.
- Followed by the “API Access Keys” icon.
You will be taken to a page where you can view your created API keys.
- Click on the button labeled “Add New API Key” to generate a random API key for your BitPay account.
- (optional) Add a Memo to let you know what this API key is being used for.
- Click Save Changes.
You may now proceed with the rest of this article.
To add the BitPay Payment method, please proceed with the following steps:
- Login into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings ->Payment
- Then, click on the “Select Payment” button under “Payment Methods”
- Click on the “+Add New” button at the top right of the page.
- Select BitPay from the Payment Method drop down menu.
- Specify your payment method options as needed
(Order amounts, Customer Group, Country/State restrictions, etc)
- Click “+Add”
You have now added the Payment Module. Find it on the list of installed payment modules, and click on its “Settings” link.
- Now enter your your API key (from the previous steps) as needed.
- You can create a description, confirmation message and caption as needed.
Your store is now integrated with BitPay.