This guide will give you a step-by-step process on how to import images to the image gallery.
Import Images to the Image Gallery
The image gallery allows you to add an unlimited number of additional images for a product that will display on the product’s listing page.
- Go to Products ->Product List
- Look towards the top right of the page and click on the “Export/Import” button
The Export/Import page will contain Export options on the left hand side and Import options on the right hand side.
- Look towards the right hand side of the page and click on the +Icon next to “Image Gallery “
- Next, click on the “Sample File” link to download a clean copy of the import CSV
This file will give you a template of what information to include in your spreadsheet so you may import your information to your online store.
- Open the file into a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft Excel or OpenOffice Calc
Here is a sample of what the spreadsheet file will look like:
You may now add image information to the proper columns
You will first need to have the images uploaded to your site either by using FTP or the File Manager.
Do not remove, add, or edit any columns to this file. If you do not have a need for a column please leave it blank. This is the exact format the file needs to be to import your Image Gallery information properly.
This is an auto generated field from the system export. It’s not required for the Import but the column must exist.
Item Part Number or ID as the unique identifier to add the images to. It could be omitted when using the cataloged.
Database ID for the product as the unique identifier to add the images to. It could be omitted when using the productid.
path to the image that will be added to the image gallery, i.e. “assets/images/default.jpg”.
text caption for the image, it displays on the top section of the image gallery.
sort order for the images inside the gallery
- Once you have completed the spreadsheet, save the file.
Be sure to save it as a CSV file
- Login to your admin and go to Products ->Product List
- Next, look towards the top right of the page and click on the “Export/Import” button
- Go to the right hand side of the page and click on the +Icon next to “Image Gallery ” to expand the selection
- Click on the “Browse” button and go to the CSV file on your computer.
- Click Import Data
Upon a successful import, your product options will be added to the store.
Please note that the image gallery import function is intended to populate the product image galleries. It is not configured to add only new gallery images to your products.
Any time the Image Gallery import is used, it will first clear out your existing gallery images and insert the records found in the imported CSV. In other words, let’s say you currently have 9 images in a product’s gallery and you use the CSV import to insert a 10th image.
Your CSV file will still need to contain the first 9 image paths in it. Otherwise, the import will clear out the existing gallery and insert only the 1 image.