Let’s go over how to get started with 3dcart’s POS App. There will be two steps to this process. Using the POS App for the first time and connecting it to your 3dcart store.
Getting the App
- First, let’s get the POS app installed on your iPad.
- Open up the App store on your iPad and search for “3dcart POS”
- Install the app
After installing the App onto your iPad, you should see the following icon:
- Tap on the icon and open it up
Upon your first use of the App, you will have two options at the top right of the screen:
- Sign In
This will begin the process of connecting your store to the App
(see next section)
- Demo Mode
Use this option if you don’t yet have a store and would like to have an “Under-the-Hood” look at the App in action.
Signing in and connecting your store to the POS App
If you’re ready to connect your store to the App, follow these steps.
Set your store to “Listen” mode
We’ll first need to have your store ready to take the call from your iPad. To do this, log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager. Once there, use the left hand navigation menu and, using the left hand navigation menu:
- Go to Modules
- Use the top search bar and search for “POS” and click on the + Icon module to expand the selection
- Then, click on the link labeled “Manage Devices”
- Keep this page open on your browser.
The Manage Devices page will likely be blank. This is normal. Your store is now in “Listen” mode and is waiting for the authorization request from the iPad app.
Let’s follow the next steps on your iPad
At present, only one POS App device may be used on the store at a time.
While on your iPad, tap on the 3dcart POS app to open it, if you have not already done so.
Tap on the “Sign In” button
- Enter your 3dcart Store’s SECURE URL
(The https:// one.)
- Tap “Next”
The App will send information to your store for the authorization request.
- Go back to the “Manage Devices” page in your 3dcart Online Store Manager
(from step 3 earlier)
You should now see your iPad request log on the page. To the right of the log entry, use the action wheel and select “Authorize”
- After clicking the Authorize button, you’ll receive a token
- Go back to your iPad, enter the token you received from the store, and tap the “Next” button
Next, you will be prompted to create and re-enter a PIN for your iPad device. The pin can be anything you’d like as long as it is 4 digits long.
- Enter your PIN to create it and tap the “Next” button
- Confirm your PIN and tap the “Next” button
You’re all set! Your iPad device is now connected to your 3dcart store. At this point, the POS App has imported your store’s basic Store Name information.