The process of adding and editing your store’s products is a very important – and somewhat involved – process. Rather than detailing it specifically in this knowledge base article, we invite you to read our online tutorials on Adding Products, since it is such an integral portion of your online store.
Instead, for the purposes of this article, we will be providing a quick summary of the different facets and features of your product settings that may be used as a quick reference. To read our main tutorial with more in-depth instructions, please click here.
Adding New Product/Editing Existing Product
The process of adding new products and editing existing products takes you to the same basic screens with some minor differences. Therefore we will discuss these two scenarios at the same time before we delve into the individual settings.
To add a new product:
- Go to Products =>Product List
- Look towards the top right of the page and click on the “+Add New” button
- Name your product and populate the applicable fields.
- Click the “Save” button located at the top right
When adding a new product, you are automatically shown the product’s main “Information” tab. It is important to remember to click save before proceeding to any of the other tabs, otherwise your product name and description specifications may be lost. [/tcbd-alert
]To edit an existing product:
- Go to Products =>View/Edit
- Locate the product you’d like to edit and click either its name, catalog ID or the “Action ->Edit” button to the far right.
- Make your applicable edits
- Click Save.
As with adding new product, you will first be taken to the product’s “Information” tab. Again, please be sure to save any changes in this tab before proceeding to any of the other tabs.