Add a Discount
By tapping on the order’s action menu, you’ll have the option of adding a discount to the order, adding a custom item, or adding special notes to the order. Here, we’ll discuss adding a discount.
- With the order in progress, tap the action menu at the top right
- Then, tap on “Add a Discount”
A small pop up will appear in which you can select whether the discount will be a dollar amount or a percentage.
- Tap either the $ icon (for a dollar value discount), or tap the % icon for a percentage discount
- Enter the total of your discount using the iPad device’s number pad
- Tap on apply discount to add it to the order
With the POS App, you may only add one discount at a time. To override the entered discount (in case you made a mistake), repeat steps 1 through 6 and enter the updated amount.
The same action can be taken to remove a discount. Just repeat the steps and enter 0 as the discounted amount to remove it from the order altogether.