In your advanced category settings, you can control how your items are displayed within that given category. The options available to you in this section are:
- Product Price (Low to High – High to Low)
- Product Age (Newest/Recently Added)
- Product Name
- Product Age
- Product Stock
- Average Review
- Review Count
- Free Shipping/On Sale Status
In some cases, these options may be too limited for your specific needs. For example, you may want to add a more organic flow to your category product listings and group similar items together rather than sorting by price, name or age. If necessary, you can also specifically control exactly which order the items are displayed by using the Product Sorting feature.
- Go to Products to view your product listings
- Click on the “Categories” button located along the top of the page
- Hover over the the category page that you would like to sort the product display on and look to the right of the listing to see its additional setting links
- Click on the Product Sorting link
- Type the sorting number next to the corresponding products in the Sorting field. Lower numbers will display before higher numbers.
- Click Save to set your sorting
The Product Sorting feature will not work if your specific category has a default sorting parameter set. Therefore, if you plan to use product sorting to fine tune your category’s product listings, please make sure to remove any default sorting setting in the category’s advanced option section.