If you would like to use Google Translate on your 3dcart store, you can add the plugin’s code to your store using the steps outlined here.
Google Translate is a free translation plugin provided by Google that allows visitors to select a language they they would like to have the site translated to. The steps outlined here assume that you have already set up and generated the coding needed for the plugin.
If you have not yet set this up, please click here to begin setting up your translate website plugin.
After logging into your Google account, you will be given a step by step wizard of sorts where you will enter your store URL, select how and where you would like to show the translator plugin and finally you’ll be given a code which will need to be added to your store.
The following steps will then help you get this code onto your site.
Copy the Google Translate code to your computer’s clipboard (or to a text file)
- Log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager
- Using the left hand navigation menu, go to Settings ->Design ->Themes & Styles
- Look towards the top right of the page and click on the “Edit Template (HTML)” button.
You will see a listing of the templates used by your store’s selected theme. Within the list of templates, you should see one labeled “frame.html”
- Click on the frame.html template to open it up in the Template Editor
- Within the HTML coding look for the closing head tag which will look like this:
- Place the Google Translate code immediately before the closing </head>
- Click “Save” at the top right of the page to commit your changes.
Google Translate should now appear on your store site.