Some of your products may have multiple options. For instance, if you sell clothes in your online store, a sweater may come in small, medium, and large.
Alternatively, you may have a product that requires a customer to upload a file to customize the product. For example, you sell T-shirts and customers can upload a picture so it can be printed on the shirt. This article will show you how to setup options that allow customers to upload a file with their order.
Create File Upload Product Options
To create the file upload product option, log into your 3dcart Online Store Manager and proceed with the following steps:
In the following example, we’ll be creating a “Logo Upload” type of option. We’ll even call it “Logo” in the steps below. However, the option and its naming can be tailored to meet your needs.
Go to Products ->Product List
- Locate the item that you’d like to edit and click on its Thumbnail, ID or Name
Note: You can also look to the far right of the item and click on its “Action ->Edit” button
You will see the individual product’s configuration pages. Along the top of the section you’ll see a series of tabs.
- Click on the “Options Tab” for the item
- Click on the “+Add New” button located at the top right of the page
- Type Logo as the Option Name (or Photo, Logo Upload, etc – this can be whatever you’d like)
- Type in the Sorting number
The Sorting number is used to control how your options display if you have more than one option for the same product. Lower numbers will display before higher numbers.
Check the Req. checkbox if you would like this option required to be a mandatory selection.
- Choose “File” in the Type field, then click on the Add button to proceed
By following the steps above, you’ve created a “Logo (File)” option heading on the product (or whatever you named the option). Your next step will be to create the actual option that your shoppers will use to upload a file.
- Look to the far right of the “Logo (File)” option you just created and click on the “+Add Logo” link
- For description, type in “Upload a Logo”
- Click Add.
Now, you’ve added the actual option field that will be seen on the product to upload a file. We still have a few additional settings to review though.
- Type in a value to add from the price of the product in the Value field. For example, if uploading an image is $2.00 more than the standard product, type in 2.00.
- Type in a number in the Part # field if this option has a unique part number.
- Click Save to confirm your chages
The product will now contain a “Browse” option on its listing that will allow the shopper to upload a file to you. Furthermore, when an order is placed, a link to the file will appear in the order in your 3dcart Online Store Manager.
You’re not just limited to single file uploads. The system will allow you to create multiple option sets in order to provide your shoppers with the ability to upload multiple files to you for their order. Simply click on the “Add New” button for the option set and add as many upload options as needed as shown below.