If you are using Authorize.Net with the CIM tokenization module, your customers have the option of saving their credit card on file for future purchases.
To update their credit cards, your customers can use the following steps:
After visiting the online store front:
- Go to the “My Account” section of the store
- Using the “Returning Customers” section, log into the customer account.
- Locate the “My Saved Credit Cards” section and click on the “View Details” link provided
Once this is done, the customer will see their saved credit card information (last 4 digits only, and expiration date). They will also see their billing information for the card (name, address, etc) To update the saved credit card:
- Click on the “edit card” link provided.
- Enter new credit card information including number, expiration date and CVV2 information as needed.
- Review the Billing Information and update as needed
- Click “Save” at the bottom of the form
This will update the card on file and any tokenization present on it. Customer’s also have the option of deleting their saved card completely by using the “Delete” button at the bottom of their billing information on this page.