3dcart allows you the option of setting discounts based on the quantity of a product that is being ordered. For example, you may want to offer your customer a discount on a particular item if purchased in bulk. This can be done in the product’s Discount Tab.
- Go to Products =>Product List
- Find the item that you’d like to set quantity pricing for and click on its name
(Or go to the far right and click on its “Actions ->Edit” button)
- Next, proceed to the product’s “Discount” tab (located along the top)
- Click the “+Add New” button located towards the top right and enter your first quantity range
- Specify your the customer group pricing level the discounts will apply to.
Customer group pricing levels are levels where you can specify different pricing amounts that apply to your customers; depending on which customer group they belong to. The Quantity Pricing feature can be used to only apply bulk discounts for specific customer groups if you desire. For example, retail customers may pay regular price (even in bulk) but you may want your wholesale customers to be able to purchase in bulk at an added discount.
- Enter the minimum and maximum quantity ranges for the first range
- Next, specify the discount amount. Mark the % checkbox to make the discount a percentage or leave it unchecked to make the discount a dollar amount
- Click the “Add” button located towards the bottom right
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 until you’ve completed your quantity ranges.
For the final “Max Qty” range, you can either set the maximum range to an attainable number or a large and outlandish number such as 9999 to make the maximum quantity more or less infinite.
If you prefer to use an attainable number however, be sure to also set the same number as your product’s Max Qty. in the item’s “Advanced Tab” to ensure no one goes over your attainable range level
Once the quantity pricing is configured, your product will contain a graph showing your customers what the price ranges are. This graph can be seen by clicking on the “Quantity Pricing” link displayed on the product page.
Remember to keep your product’s base cost in mind when offering discounts so you don’t inadvertently sell your items at a loss. For simplicity, it may be best to use percentages rather than dollar amounts to specify your discounts.